« Trinity Sunday, Year A | Main | Proper 4, Year A »

welcome!

A warm welcome to folks arriving here from Real Live Preacher! I've been a fan of RLP for a long time, and I'm flattered and just a little blushy after seeing his very kind words about my work.

Please do join the conversation! I'm looking forward to hearing your own stories, observations, and visions surrounding these texts and our journey with them.

Blessings,

Dylan

May 17, 2005 in Personal Notes | Permalink

Comments

Hello Dylan,

Question: what good resources are there for the non-gospel reading of the RCL???

Tim

Posted by: Tim | May 17, 2005 9:46:48 PM

I love your URL. I wish I'd thought of that.... I was directed here by RLP and I think I'll come back again. Thanks.
Sarah.

Posted by: Sarah | May 17, 2005 10:56:16 PM

Tim,

The best collection of online resources that I know about is The Text This Week (AKA 'textweek'):

From the front page, you click on the Sunday for which you want resources, and then there are links to resources for each of the texts -- the text from the Hebrew bible and the epistle as well as the gospel. I sometimes blog with particular attention to the Hebrew bible or epistle text, but I tend to concentrate much more on the gospel text.

Sarah,

Credit for coming up with this site's name goes to the fabulous and fabulously talented Reverend Jan Nunley, a good friend of mine who suggested the name in a brainstorm. Glad you found SarahLaughed.net; I'll look forward to seeing you again!

Blessings,

Dylan

Posted by: Sarah Dylan Breuer | May 17, 2005 11:33:11 PM

Everybody's getting to know Dylan. Yay!

Posted by: James | May 18, 2005 8:59:42 AM

"blushy."

I like that. ;-)

Posted by: Real Live Preacher | May 18, 2005 9:58:36 PM

Hi Dylan,

I'm another person who was directed here by RLP, and I couldn't be any more excited about your blog! I'm United Church of Christ (UCC), but since I was raised a good ole Southern Baptist, the concept of the lectionary is all pretty new to me. I start divinity school in September and I've been hoping to find some good resources about the lectionary (and liturgical year in general). Looks like I just did.

Posted by: Summer | May 19, 2005 7:36:11 PM

Dylan my friend...I wondered if anyone anywhere ever discussed the non Eucharistic readings online? As you know, I love your site and spend time in the discussion section of desperatepreacher too, but nobody else ever seems to have to preach from the 2nd Office readings. Do they just not get used in USA?

Posted by: Kathryn | May 20, 2005 9:17:49 AM

Isn't there a wonderful link (at least I see it) between last year's comments and this year's? The incomprehensibility of the Trinity and the absolute silliness of the attempts at putting God in a box (a la Bush). God is so much more ... and yet we constantly try to reduce God to something we can comprehend -- or at least think we can -- so that then we can control...

Thanks for some good ideas.

Patrick

Posted by: Patrick | May 21, 2005 10:38:04 AM

Isn't Patrick so right, whenever TrintySunday comes around I realise I would not want to believe in a God I could explain how imited He would be. On the Trinity the best picture I have ever come across is from a 7 year old. The Trinity is a candle. The Father is the candle, Jesus the light of the world the flame (then you understand what the candle is for and the Spirit is the heat invisible pervading the world - (though you can see if you look!) Thank God for children.

Posted by: Stephen | May 23, 2005 1:59:53 AM

1st time visitor - Got here via RLP.

I too find the fish with "Bush" inside offensive (and I've never voted for a Democrat). It's tasteless at a minimum, and a graven image at its worst.

I enjoyed your article. Never heard of a "lectionary" before today - grew up "Primitive Baptist" in east Tennessee and now attend a Southern Baptist church in Dallas. We don't hear much of this "traditional" theology anymore as the message is always packaged into "2nd in a series on ..." and surrounded by videos, skits, and props - can't let anyone get bored you know.

I'll come back and read more.

Posted by: Mike | May 25, 2005 9:52:31 AM

I'm so glad I was able to catch the show last night! I'm so happy for both of you!

Posted by: Susan | Jun 2, 2005 7:42:40 AM

Dylan's lectionary blog: welcome!

« Trinity Sunday, Year A | Main | Proper 4, Year A »