« What's this page? | Main | more lead time, and complete sermon texts »

children's homilies

I get a lot of requests for children's homilies. You can see the ones I've posted before here. As of this writing (April 23, 2005), there's only one homily there. It's a children's homily on the "Parable of the Unjust Steward" in Luke 16:1-13. I delivered it in the children's chapel service at the day school associated with the parish where I now work as part of an audition for my job. It's the only children's homily posted because the job as I ended up taking it didn't include any children's homilies among my duties. I think I'd really enjoy writing them, though, so if there's any demand for it, and if I can free up enough time (yep, that's is a shameless plug for folks to support this site so I can do just that) to do write them every week, that's a feature I'd love to add.

So, is this something that any of you would find useful? Chime in by commenting on this post to vote for or against adding children's homilies, or to suggest another feature you'd like to see added.

April 23, 2005 in Potential Features | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference children's homilies:

Comments

That's interesting that you sasy this, because most of your sermons read like children's homilies to me.

Posted by: Abby Vigneron | May 25, 2005 12:55:57 AM

We are starting a children's liturgy at mass now and we will start by having it once a month, the third sunday of the month and try to do it more often. I would like help on doing a homily that the children will understand based on the gospel readings of the sunday. Can you help me?
Pat

Posted by: pat | Apr 11, 2006 1:03:34 AM

I am a deacon in the Joliet Diocese of Illinois and about twice a year I need a homily for our Person's With Disabilities Mass and I try to find something geared to children,( as they are child-like adults), but I have a difficult time finding something for them. I like to pick up ideas on the internet, can you help me with some sites? My e-mail address is carolbergil@aol.com. I am in need of a short homily for the handicapped for the 22nd Sunday, September 3.2006 cycle B

thanking you in advance,
Deacon Andy Berg

Posted by: Deacon Andy Berg | Aug 30, 2006 1:31:37 PM

I am a Deacon in the Dioces of LA. I received a last minute assignment to give a talk on Being Created in the Image and Likeness of God to 6th graders. Looking for an illustration or story to help get the point across in concrete ways.
Appreciate any ideas or lines.
Jadams@chaminade.org

Posted by: Jim Adams | Oct 24, 2007 7:23:07 PM

HOMILY FOR 8TH SUNDAY ORDINARY time

Posted by: PETE | Feb 8, 2011 5:57:20 PM

Very good blog! I love the best. I love what you've done!

Posted by: Tarot gratuit ligne | Apr 15, 2011 4:17:30 AM