Sarah Dylan Breuer, nominee for Executive Council
Update: I was elected to Executive Council at General Convention in July. Thank you for your support and prayers!
Sarah Dylan Breuer ("Dylan" to friends) has been nominated as a layperson for the Executive Council of The Episcopal Church. Dylan is:
A seasoned leader:
- Served as editor of The Witness magazine
- Past president of Gathering the Next Generation, TEC’s “Generation X” network, and steering committee member of The Consultation (www.theconsultation.org), a coalition of justice movements in TEC.
- Member of the Special Commission on the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion, charged in the 2003-2006 triennium with preparing GC to respond to the Windsor Report
- Served on the 20/20 Task Force’s New Congregations team, 2000 - 2003 triennium
- Grassroots organizer with the Gamaliel Foundation, the Climate Project, and two successful union recognition campaigns.
Mission-minded, biblically grounded:
- Member of the Network of Ministry Innovators (NOMI), forming strategy for and support of creative and effective evangelism for the 21st century
- Author of “God’s Justice: A biblical perspective,” Chapter 1 of The Justice Project, ed. Brian McLaren, et al. (Baker Books, Sept. 2009)
- Ph.D. candidate in biblical studies; writer on Exodus, Luke, 1 Corinthians, Romans, and Philippians in Reflections for Daily Prayer (Church House Publishing, UK, Advent 2008 and Easter 2009)
- Served as a short-term missionary in Kenya.
Effectively communicating creative, fresh perspectives:
- Founder and author of SarahLaughed.net, a website providing resources on preaching and formation for over 18,000 faith leaders each week
- Creator of the U2charist, launched with Kathleen Capcara and the Rev. Ken Phelps in the Diocese of Maryland in 2004
- Author with the Rev. John de Beer of the Klesis Project, an innovative series of formation curricula made freely available online in ‘open source’ format for congregations from Alaska to Australia
- Active in the ‘emerging church’ movement and fluent in digital media and networking as well as in print and other traditional media.
Plays well with others!
- Contributor to the Covenant-Communion website as well as The Consultation’s ISSUES newsletter
- Commited to seek justice for all God’s children AND deepen relationships across the Communion to the furtherance of God’s mission.
Sarah Dylan Breuer lives with her partner, Karen, a high school teacher, in Boston. She loves playing guitar and ukulele, cooking, and hanging out with her two cats.
July 4, 2009 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sarah Dylan Breuer, nominee for Executive Council:
I was fortunate to have an 'in person' time with Dylan at the Network for Ministry Innovators in New Orleans last fall after reading her posts for several years - what an inspiring woman! The impressions formed in computer time were uplifted in real time. I encourage others who will have a vote at GC 2009 in Anaheim to read about her gifts and seriously consider affirming her place as a member of our Executive Council. She cares about our Episcopal Church growth and ways of reaching others, has enthusiasm as well as listening skills, and, as her blog name incorporates, she laughs but most important, she enjoys bringing and sharing laughter with others!!!
Posted by: Cindi Bartol | Jul 5, 2009 1:46:52 PM
What happened to Dylan? Was she chosen for the executive council? I hope so for her...
Posted by: Beth | Jun 23, 2010 2:13:34 AM
What occurred to Dylan? Was she selected for the professional council? I wish so for her.
Posted by: web design tampa | Jul 27, 2012 2:38:44 AM
There is one more way to ask that.
Who knows it??
Posted by: Me | Sep 10, 2012 3:55:19 AM
I think Sarah Dylan Breuer was the best candidate! 'Inspiring' - that's the word!
Posted by: convert mp4 to wmv | Sep 10, 2012 5:26:19 AM
I came to give you a quick hello and wish you good luck for the continuation of your site.
Posted by: voyance en direct | Sep 14, 2012 10:05:25 AM
I came to this blog to support you and congratulate you for the great job that you did.
Posted by: voyance par CB | Dec 6, 2012 7:30:42 AM
Agréablement surprise par la découverte de votre site si joli et tellement original , tout y est bien conçu et très beau avec beaucoup de choix, c’est une merveille !!
Posted by: voyance par mail | Jun 5, 2014 7:52:44 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.