U2 @ Giants Stadium 09-24-09
I was right up against the rail (thanks to the charity of the concertgoer who gave me the spot so I could brace myself against the rail for the show) for the U2 show at Giants Stadium in New Jersey last night. It was INCREDIBLE. Highlights of the show for me:
- Bono dedicates "One" to "the same-sex couples in the house ... one love," expanding on his dedicating the song to a friend (presumably in a same-sex couple) who got married that day.
- I get a wink and a grin from Edge, and pick up the fingering for a few solos at his feet.
- "Amazing Grace" moving into "Where the Streets Have No Name" is particularly poignant.
- "Until the End of the World," which -- believe it or not -- I'd never seen firsthand and live before (I was WAY too poor to go to concerts from Zoo TV through the Elevation Tour).
- "Where the Streets Have No Name" includes repeated sung prayers from Bono -- "God, give me music," "God, give me joy," "God, give me faith" -- and is particularly high-energy (which says a lot for a song that powerful live!).
I'll probably think of others, but for now, I'll just add two things:
1) Did I mention that the concert was INCREDIBLE?
2) You can see lots more photos I took here, but here's a taste (please give credit and link to the photo on this site if you use a pic):
September 25, 2009 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference U2 @ Giants Stadium 09-24-09:
Here's U2 singing Sunday Bloody Sunday
at Giants on the 23rd:
Posted by: Alice MacArthur | Sep 25, 2009 5:07:10 PM
Very cool -- thanks!
Posted by: Sarah Dylan Breuer | Sep 25, 2009 5:22:19 PM